Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Birthday Shenanigans!!!

I know, this is not the best picture but i love it, cuz it has all the people i love in it!!! I love more people, of course, but on my bday im thankful that some friends and my sisters came out with  me to celebrate.  Usually for my bday, I sulk, feel sorry for myself, and just become generally depressed.  Don't ask me why, I just do, ok?!! :) But not this year!! Nope, this year I turned 30.  This year I had Dagny.  This year was different, I didn't care if anybody forgot my bday---because this year, it's not about me anymore.  It's about Dags, everything is!!! And I am thankful for another year of life because this one is sure to be a great one, now that Dags is here!
Tuesday the 13th was my actual bday and Greg and I went out to the Keg for dinner while Nani dearest and Dad watched Dagny. I must say, i love that place.  I get the Creole chicken everytime. Delish!  I also had a glass of Pinot Grigio!! yummy....The plan for the nite was to go see a movie after dinner, but in true new parent style, we cut the date short because we both missed Dagny. :) 
Saturday nite I booked a room at a hotel downtown, the Clarendon.   It was kind of a last minute thing, but my friends Jayne and Johnnie were able to come out and have dinner with us.  Then Mateo and Emilie showed.  Then Normie and Melissa.  And then Dez and Miri showed up!!! There was a nice sky deck up on the rooftop of the Clarendon and it was fun goin up there and hanging out, even though it was really cold.  I didnt get too many pics that nite but I am happy with what we got :)

I am cursed with a lazy eye and at this weird angle it is blatantly obvious.... great!  But Jayne looks awesome, as usual! :)
 Mathew and Emilie, thanks for coming out guys, twas good to see you as always.  Emilie is that last of our bunch to turn 30 at the end of the month!!
 Greg and Johnnie------gearing up for an epic nite!! :)
I like how Emilie has a tasty beverage in each hand!! Go Em!!
 The hotel was decorated in MCM style---midcentury modern.  And all those who know me know that it was exactly my cup of tea!  I was trying to figure our how i could fit that lamp into my purse and i loved the sidetables too.  The best part was seeing some chairs in their lobby that are exactly like some that i scored at a thrift shop for super cheap.  I secretly want to be an interior designer and specialize in mcm design.  I missed my calling.
Anyways, we had lots of fun, i finally danced and sweat my bootie off, and I'm officially 30. Life is good.  :)


on a side note, if you haven't already, would you please go HERE and cast your vote for sweet Dagny?  You can vote once a day every day this week from your computer and your phone! It is easy and quick and we would love to win.  Thanks everyone!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment